Hamilton Select Insurance Inc.’s Excess Casualty division targets small to midsized hard-to-place and distressed accounts in the excess and surplus (E&S) space.
We write supported or unsupported excess over General Liability, Employers’ Liability, Automobile Liability, Liquor Liability, incidental Foreign Liability, OCPs and more.
Accounts falling into the hard-to-place and distressed space typically include accounts with losses, challenging classes, difficult venues or non-renewals. Our underwriters provide a solution that can be tailored to meet the needs of the risk.
- $5,000,000 capacity
- Follow form excess over occurrence or claims made in a lead or excess of lead position
- Minimum attachment point of $1,000,000
We underwrite risks located in the United States.
Led by a highly skilled and experienced internal team, Hamilton can also call upon an established network of local partners to ensure prompt and effective resources are deployed to any claim.
- Commercial/Residential General Contractors
- Street and Road
- Equipment Rental
- Non-critical auto parts
- Food and Beverage
- Electrical Equipment
- Sporting Goods
- Playground Equipment
- Machinery and Equipment
- Valves (other than for use in oil & gas)
- Cannabis – edibles/oils and topical products
- Hotels, motels, resorts
- Habitational, including apartment Schedules
- Retail Stores
- Entertainment, including amusement centers, concerts, theaters, clubs, guides and outfitters
- Lessor’s risk only
- Vacant building and land
- Cannabis dispensaries
- Cannabis hospitality – bakeries and shops
- Cannabis security firms